Electrical Estimator and Project Manager
TITLE: ESTIMATOR/PMA @ ELECTRICAL & FIBER CONTRACTOR OFFICE
[ ] Exempt or [X] Hourly
One Location-Performed remotely & Onsite
Reports to: CEO and Electrical Supervisor
Regularly works with:
- CEO and COO
- Electrical Supervisor
Positions that report to this position: None
Position Summary: Madiston PowerTel is seeking a qualified candidate for an Electrical Estimator and Project Manager position. We are an established Electrical Contractor with 35+ years in business with a reputation for quality work. In our 35+ years we have done a wide variety of projects. We strive to be fair, honest, and professional and expect the same from all our employees. The candidate must be a team player and have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff and customers. The Electrical Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible for estimating, developing proposals, management of Commercial, Industrial and Residential electrical projects, and putting together bid proposals following through to project closure.
At Madiston PowerTel, you don't just work amongst fellow expert electricians. You learn from them, too. We're big on collaboration, sharing expertise and making each other better. That, plus a competitive salary and the chance to work with a family owned and operated company makes for a great career move.
Key Responsibilities: The Electrical Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible for estimating, developing proposals, management of Commercial, Industrial and Residential electrical projects, and putting together bid proposals following through to project closure. This position is also responsible for monitoring and maintaining jobs and job tasks including: including, but not limited to:
- Submittals, Change Orders, Purchase Orders, RFIs and Budgets
- Correspondence within Project Team and Owners
- Review of Plans and Specs and all other project documents
- Onsite Meetings and Pre-Bid Meeting Attendance
- Effectively communicate with subcontractors, suppliers, specialty services, and equipment suppliers and ensure scope of work is complete as needed
- Review and plan for material handling, methods and delivery, any pre-fab required, while identifying project risks
- Review all architectural, structural, mechanical, and specialty systems drawing and specifications
- Review and identify needs for equipment rentals, tools and lifts, etc.
- Create a list of require Subcontractors and develop requirements and scopes for each
- Prepare project plan and work schedule for all trades required on the job, in collaboration with the General Contractor or Owner
- Entry of take-offs and input into Estimating software
- Participate in all aspects of project lifecycle and post-project closure and review
- Tracks project expenses to ensure project and client budgets are maintained, and review material cost increase to report to CEO and Project Manager
- Collaborate with team members in planning the details of the upcoming projects
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and implementing changes
Education and Experience:
- Experience in computerized estimating software
- Working knowledge of codes in the electrical discipline (National Electrical Code)
- 1+ years’ experience in Project Management preferred but not required
- 2+ years’ experience in Electrical Construction estimating preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have good communication skills with all employees, General Contractors and Customers.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical specifications and drawings
- Ability to size electrical power conduit and wire. Field experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including customer follow-through required
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Office, Excel, other.), Google Applications, PDF Editor Programs, and other Estimating software system(s)
- Superior negotiations skills and the ability to successfully resolve contract issues related to bid packages.
- Desire to work independently, to achieve and implement processes to successfully complete projects from start to finish.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be driven to maintain the workload as needed to ensure project bids are timely and complete.
- Communicate effectively with management for decisions related to pricing, jobs to bid, personnel needs, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively communicate to all persons and organizations involved in the construction process.
- Review all agreements/letters prior to CEO and COO’s signature.
- Ability to understand and update unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost
- Able to work with tight deadlines and schedules
- Ability to review equipment, solicit pricing, and negotiate favorable terms as needed
- The ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- The ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks, projects, etc.
Core Organizational Competencies:
Teamwork: Demonstrates respect and achieves cooperative relationships in fulfilling the vision and mission of Madiston PowerTel.
Communication: Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with all whom they interact. All communications, verbal and written, should demonstrate a commitment to customer service and excellence. Effectively sends, receives, and responds to requests while maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Initiative: Committed to and performs quality work contributing to the vision and mission of Madiston PowerTel. Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her actions. Meets the challenges of a changing environment, is timely in meeting job responsibilities and stives to provide excellent customer service. Values accomplishments and shows enthusiasm and pride in the organization. Demonstrates a self-directed work effort. Develops goals for professional growth and strives to achieve these goals.
Customer Service: Demonstrates a commitment to courteous, sincere, and sensitive customer service. Presents a positive and caring attitude in all interactions. Is patient, tolerant, accepts diversity and presents a positive image of themselves and Madiston PowerTel in all personal and telephone interactions.
Quality Improvement: Demonstrates a commitment to quality and excellence. Solves problems through critical evaluation of data-based information and continuous improvement efforts. Can accurately identify and diagnose issues, identify alternatives, implement a plan, evaluate and communicate results.
About Madiston PowerTel: A family-run company that offers customers the highest-quality electrical and fiber services. Matt and Melissa own a successful electrical and fiber business that stands out from their competition through having skilled craftsman, impeccable performance, and offering competitive pricing. Madiston PowerTel, Inc. focuses on personalized service through its knowledgeable and certified staff who provide quality and rapid services. Focusing on Industrial, Commercial, and Residential Electrical Construction, including Generators and LED Lighting, Madiston PowerTel has over 30 years’ experience in the trade.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Madiston PowerTel, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, and status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, familial status, or other characteristic protected by law. This description is intended to be only a general outline of job activities. An employee is expected to perform these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur during work. This description is not a contract or guarantee of employment.