Keep your power on and your business open during an outage.
It is installed outside your business and comes on automatically whether you are open or closed. All within seconds of a power outage.
Powers your business, including critical hard-wired systems like A/C, heat, computers, security systems, refrigerators, freezers, and more
These are just a few of the benefits:
- Protects your revenue stream and your inventory during an outage
- Keeps the lights, AC and heat on
- Powers your communications, computers and security system
Our EPG Technician will take you step-by-step through the generator sizing process. We will give you an estimate with the right size generator for your business.
Need to install a backup generator? Installation is fast and easy. Get free costs estimates.
A backup or standby generator is important to have for your home’s emergency power needs.
Step 1: Choose a location
- An Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician will help you pick a location for the generator.
The location should meet these guidelines:
- Stable, well-drained area that will not flood
- Room around the generator for the technician and maintenance personnel.
- Keep in mind homeowner’s association and community restrictions when choosing a site.
Approximate clearances to keep in mind:
- 18 inches from the house
- 60 inches from doors, windows, and fresh air intakes
- 36 inches in front of the generator for servicing room
Step 2: Installation
- Prepare the site with a concrete slab or pea gravel
- Place generator on the concrete slab/pea gravel
Step 3: Connecting fuel and electrical
- Fuel line is connected
- Transfer switch installed next to the main breaker box
- The transfer switch senses where the power is coming from and when to switch over to generator power.
Step 4: Outage simulation
- EPG Technician checks that everything works as it should
- Set up monthly self-test to ensure everything continues to function as normal
How long does installation take?
A day. After a home consultation, you should know everything you need to about your home generator. The EPG Technician should have picked out an acceptable location for the generator. Knowing this ahead of time, your generator installation should be complete in a day.
How much does installation cost?
Many factors determine cost of generator installation. In some cases, there may be preliminary preparations you can take care of to reduce the cost. Home consultation can estimate the total cost.
Who will install my generator?
Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician